Our Faith Development Philosophy
The Faith Development Team will lovingly and creatively welcome and empower all ages and stages to be people of faith. By doing so, our hope is all people who attend Christ Church will feel embraced no matter where they are in their faith journey. As they are embraced, they will also begin to experience the transformative nature of the gospel and be equipped to live the gospel in their daily lives. As they live lives that witness to the restorative power of Jesus Christ, we also hope members become empowered to start new ministries and take leadership in their communities in a way that witnesses to Jesus Christ’s power well beyond our church community.
In order to fulfill this vision, we offer faith development ministries to a number of different ages groups.
How to Use this Chart
Looking at the top right-hand corner, determine which age group best describes you. Match the color of the age group with the activities listed on the chart to find which activities are offered for you.
Ask yourself these simple questions:
- Does it matter to me if people notice me when I walk into the church?
- Do I want people to notice when I am missing?
- Do I need to feel welcomed when I walk onto campus?
- If you answered “yes,” participate in ministries affiliated with your age group in the Welcome section of the chart.
- When I hear about an activity, do I decide if I will participate based on who else will be there?
- When people ask me what I believe, do I answer “We believe…?”
- If you answered “yes,” participate in ministries affiliated with your age group in the Community section of the chart.
- Do I have a lot of questions about faith, scripture and Christian beliefs?
- Do I want a safe place to express my questions and to wrestle with the answers?
- If you answered “yes,” participate in ministries affiliated with your age group in the Catechesis section of the chart.
- If someone asks me, “What do you believe?” do I respond, “I believe…?”
- Do I want to know how I can best live out my beliefs?
- Do I want to find my ministry in the community and world so I can practice what I teach?
- If you answered “yes,” participate in ministries affiliated with your age group in the Action section of the chart.
- Do I want to teach others, empower others to serve, or walk alongside others on their spiritual journey?
- If you answered “yes,” participate in ministries affiliated with your age group in the Core Leadership section of the chart.
If you want assistance discovering where you can grow and also serve
within our Faith Development ministries, contact Kellie Wilson, Senior Associate Rector.